Internet & TV Terms and Conditions
This agreement is between Sponsor Energy Inc. (“Sponsor”) and the Subscriber.
(1) As a reseller of other Internet Service Providers’ (ISP) internet services (EG Shaw and/or Telus), promoted at between 5mbps and 300mbps (“Services”) are provided “as is” without any warranties or conditions of any kind. Sponsor does not guarantee these services will be uninterrupted and available at all times. Under no circumstances shall Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates be liable for any harm, damages, expenses, loss of profits or opportunities that are caused through the use or reliance on the services, regardless of cause.
(2) The subscribers’ account is intended to be used by the household or business that is registered to the account and may not be resold or transferred to any other person(s) or business(es).
(3) Sponsor does not track sites visited or monitor contents of email unless required by law. If Sponsor receives copyright notices from rights holders who are claiming infringement, Sponsor is required, by law, to forward such notices to end-users and subscribers. Sponsor will not disclose customer personal information to a third party unless required to do so by a Court of Law
(4) Customer may terminate service(s) for any reason at any time by notifying Sponsor. Cancellation is effective on the date of request. Any remaining credits will be issued to the customer once any supplied equipment is returned.
(5) Customer may not use Internet service(s) to do any of the following:
(5a) Hack, attack or attempt to cause damage to any network;
(5b) Knowingly transmit a virus, trojan or other harmful software program;
(5c) Distribute unsolicited bulk email (spam);
(5d) Distribute copyrighted material for which you are not authorized;
(6) “Unlimited usage” is provided under “fair use” basis. Fair use means the customer is to use services in a fair manner consistent with normal residential/small business/office use. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate services, without advance notice, if, in the sole judgement of Sponsor, the customer is in violation of these conditions. .
(7) . If Services are disconnected by either cancellation by the Subscriber, or Sponsor on account of any breach of the provisions set out in this Agreement the Subscriber will be responsible for all unreturned equipment and remaining charges through to the end of the current Service Term (defined as the 30 days past any last payments received by Sponsor), including unbilled charges, s disconnection fees (if applicable), all of which will immediately be due and payable.
(8) Without incurring any liability whatsoever, Sponsor may suspend or terminate any or all of the Services for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, where the Subscriber has:
(8a) Failed to pay an account that is past due, or provide payment by PAP or credit card which is honoured by Subscriber’s bank;
(8b) Fails to provide or maintain a reasonable deposit or alternate security when requested to do so by Sponsor;
(8c) Fails to meet Sponsors’ credit requirements, or Subscriber becomes bankrupt or otherwise insolvent;
(8d) Uses or permits others to use the Services for a purpose, or in a manner, that is contrary to law; or for the purpose of making harassing, threatening, abusive, annoying, or offensive calls;
(8e) Resells or permits others to use the service for commercial or business use, charges or allows others to charge any other person(s) for the use of the Services without Sponsors’ prior written agreement;
(8f) Harasses, threatens or otherwise acts unreasonably towards Sponsor, its employees or agents, or in relation to the Services;
(8g) Abuses the network with excessive usage as may be solely determined by .
(9) Sponsor Energy is a prepaid service. A $100 administration and site setup fee is required upon signup. This fee includes the perpetual usage of the supplied Modem, or Modem and Router, or Modem with integrated router. The first month service payment is due immediately upon activation and subsequently will be processed monthly from service activation. Monthly rates are subject to change.
(10) Equipment: On cancellation of services, it is the sole responsibility of the subscriber to return the modem and router to Sponsorwithin 15 days. The subscriber will be billed for unreturned equipment as follows;
(10a) Cable modem – $79.99
(10b) Router – $59.99
(10c) Combined unit – $134.99
(11) TheSubscriber agrees that by using internet services provide through Sponsor,and incurring charges for such use, the Subscriber authorizes Sponsor to obtain credit history from credit reporting agencies and credit grantors from time to time. All Sponsor active Subscribers consent to the disclosure of their payment history with Sponsor to such entities at any time.
(12) Suspension of Service (i.e. Seasonal Disconnect):
(12a) A $10 per month of suspension Account Maintenance fee will be applied.
(12b) A two (2) month minimum is applicable to all suspensions.
(12c) Accounts can stay in suspension for as long as desired.
(13) Plan changes: One free location move and one free service level change is available to Subscribers every two years. Moves or changes more frequent than two-years are subject to a fee of $75.00.
(14) Sponsor is the billing agent, reseller of record, and technical support provider for other Internet retailers. Sponsor reserves the right to act on behalf of these retailers in order to obtain payment information, and manage services, in accordance to the pricing structure and advertised speeds set out by those retailers.
(15) Sponsor reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this agreement or any service provided. Notices will be considered given and effective on the date posted on www.SponsorEnergy.com. The Subscribers continued use of Services following such notice is deemed as acceptance of such modifications. The Terms as, and when postedx supersedes all previous electronic and written terms of service. The Subscribers use of Services constitutes acceptance of this agreement.